- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /nɪnˈtɛndəʊ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /nɪnˈtɛndoʊ/
- Rhymes: -ɛndəʊ
Nintendo (plural Nintendos)
- (video games) A Nintendo Entertainment System, or other video game system made by Nintendo.
- Wanna play on my Nintendo after school?
- 1995, David Gladstone, ed., British Social Welfare: Past, Present, and Future, page 274:
- There is nothing wrong with the accoutrements of personal affluence, but if the numbers of personal stereos, Nintendos, mobile phones and cars grow […].
2005, Lila Abu-Lughod, Dramas of Nationhood: The Politics of Television in Egypt, page 280:
- These professionals are the sort whose children play with Nintendos and own bikes
2005, Larry L. Meyer, No Paltry Thing: Memoirs Of A Geezer Dad, page 128:
- Franz: “How do elves make Nintendos?” Dad: “You ask all the hard questions, don't you? I really don't know.”
2007, Ilene Schneider, Chanukah Guilt, page 106:
- The only message at home was from my nephew, letting me know my mother was back home, safe and sound, except for a sore "Nintendo thumb".
- 2007, Anthony Ham and Alison Bing, Morocco, Lonely Planet, →ISBN, page 34:
- He was far more interested in bullfighting, which was the Nintendo of the day, only considerably more dangerous
Nintendo Entertainment System, or other video game system made by Nintendo