See also: nyssa
- (genus): Nyssa aquatica (water tupelo), Nyssa biflora (swamp tupelo), Nyssa leptophylla (Hunan tupelo), Nyssa ogeche (Ogeechee tupelo), Nyssa sessiliflora (Indonesian tupelo), Nyssa sinensis (Chinese tupelo), Nyssa sylvatica (black tupelo or pepperidge), Nyssa talamancana, Nyssa ursina (bear tupelo), Nyssa yunnanensis (Yunnan tupelo) (species)
- Nyssa on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Nyssa on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Nyssa on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- Nyssa at USDA Plants database
- A female given name
- 1992, Jude Deveraux, The Duchess, page 276:
- Claire would have wagered there was nothing in life that could make her like Nyssa.
- But Claire had not counted on Nyssa herself. Nyssa's aim in life seemed to be to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted to do it.
- 2009, Benjamin W. Schenk, The Immortals: Eternal War, page 583:
- “What?” Nyssa asks, in shock.
- Bejine hurries from the area with his daughter in his arms. Barry, Nyssa and the rest quickly follow.
- Bejine stops outside of the portal. He is about to enter it when Nyssa stops him.
- “You said 'only on this world'?" Nyssa remarks. "What did you mean by that?"
- (historical) A ancient Roman town in Cappadocia, noted for its once bishop, the 4th century Christian saint Gregory of Nyssa.