Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Obama Phone
It was believed by some conservatives that the phones were given for free with unlimited minutes to members of minority groups by the Obama administration.
- (US) A cellphone provided as part of the United States Lifeline Program.
- 2013, Steve De France, Because I Can’t Whistle, Xlibris, page 102:
- Outside / brown & broken teeth / gasp out brainless twaddle. / into their Obama phones.
- 2014, Darlene Pollock, Logan Pollock, Invasive Species, Part I, Trafford Publishing, page 31:
- “ […] . Get yourself one of those Obama phones, Romeo,”