Potterhead (plural Potterheads)
- (informal) One who loves the Harry Potter series of books, especially to a fanatical degree.
2007 June 1, Pat Kane, “Are They Potty?”, in The Guardian:
- Yesterday's news that Universal Studios was planning to open "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" in 2009 will have prodded the shriek-buttons of millions of young Potterheads, whose relentless campaign for a "really fun holiday this time, Daaad" will have ratcheted forward a few more irreversible notches.
2007, Alison Hansel, Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter, page 164:
- Her infectious enthusiasm has brought many knitters (like Alison Hansel!) into the Potterhead fold and has introduced Potterheads into the world of knitting.
2012 April 16, Alison Flood, “Harry Potter encyclopedia in progress, says JK Rowling”, in The Guardian:
- "Happiness x10000," wrote one fan on learning of Rowling's new project. "IT'S LIKE POTTERHEAD CHRISTMAS!" said another.
- ^ Alexander Onysko; Sascha Michel (2010), “Cognitive Perspectives on Word Formation”, in (Please provide the title of the work), page 232