Jump to navigation Jump to search
Potterhead (plural Potterheads)
- (informal) One who loves the Harry Potter series of books, especially to a fanatical degree.
- 2007 June 1, Pat Kane, “Are They Potty?”, in The Guardian:
- Yesterday's news that Universal Studios was planning to open "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" in 2009 will have prodded the shriek-buttons of millions of young Potterheads, whose relentless campaign for a "really fun holiday this time, Daaad" will have ratcheted forward a few more irreversible notches.
- 2007, Alison Hansel, Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter, page 164:
- Her infectious enthusiasm has brought many knitters (like Alison Hansel!) into the Potterhead fold and has introduced Potterheads into the world of knitting.
- 2012 April 16, Alison Flood, “Harry Potter encyclopedia in progress, says JK Rowling”, in The Guardian:
- "Happiness x10000," wrote one fan on learning of Rowling's new project. "IT'S LIKE POTTERHEAD CHRISTMAS!" said another.
- ^ Alexander Onysko; Sascha Michel (2010), “Cognitive Perspectives on Word Formation”, in (Please provide the title of the work), page 232