- (Pty) Ltd (South Africa)
- (Australia, South Africa, business) Proprietary Limited, a type of company that has one or more shareholders and in which the number of shareholders is limited.
1967, Donald T. Brash, American Investment in Australian Industry, page 312:
- Both companies stem from the formation in 1926 of the Australian Cream Tartar Company Pty Ltd to undertake the manufacture of cream of tartar and tartaric acid.
2003, Caron Beaton-Wells, Proof of Antitrust Markets in Australia, page 207:
- In CA Henschke & Co v Rosemount Estates Pty Ltd, the applicant (the proprietors of the Hill of Grace wine) made allegations under ss 52 and 53 of the Act concerning the respondent′s Hill of Gold wine.
2011, CCH Australia, Australian Master Tax Guide 2011, page 726:
- Example — contribution on employer′s behalf
- John terminates employment with his employer, ABC Pty Ltd, on 28 January.
The full term is a required part of the company name, and may be thus abbreviated for ordinary use.