Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- One of a set of hollow nesting dolls, usually wooden and decorated.
- (allegorically) An issue or situation which repeatedly reveals more levels of complexity.
- (wooden doll): matryoshka, matreshka, matrëshka, matrioshka, matrioshka doll, matryoshka doll, babushka (mistranslation)
- (both senses): nesting doll
An issue revealing complexity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.