Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (abbreviation): Ru.
Russian (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Russia.
- (dated) Of or pertaining to the Soviet Union.
- (dated) Of or pertaining to Rus.
- 2017 February 19, “Putin”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 4, episode 2, HBO:
- So that is the official line: you’re shit, we’re shit, everything’s shit, never try for a better world because it doesn’t exist. That is not only bleak, I think it’s also the working title of every Russian novel ever written.
- Of or pertaining to the Russian language.
- Russian bar
- Russian Blue
- Russian cypress
- Russian doll
- Russian dressing
- Russian Federation
- Russian flu
- Russian gauge
- Russian gold
- Russian olive
- Russian Orthodox Church
- Russian oven
- Russian peasant multiplication
- Russian reversal
- Russian Revolution
- Russian roulette
- Russian sage
- Russian salad
- Russian sturgeon (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii)
- Russian swing
- Russian thistle
- Russian twist
- Russian White House
- Russian Wolfhound
- White Russian
of or pertaining to Russia
of or pertaining to the Soviet Union — see Soviet
of or pertaining to Rus
of or pertaining to the Russian language
- (countable) An ethnic Russian: a member of the East Slavic ethnic group which is native to, and constitutes the majority of the population of, Russia.
- (countable) A person from Russia.
- (countable, obsolete) A person from the Soviet Union
- (uncountable) The Russian language.
- 2015, Shane R. Reeves; David Wallace, “The Combatant Status of the “Little Green Men” and Other Participants in the Ukraine Conflict”, in International Law Studies, US Naval War College, volume 91, number 361, Stockton Center for the Study of International Law, page 393:
- The “little green men”—faces covered, wearing unmarked olive uniforms, speaking Russian and using Russian weapons—have played a significant role in both the occupation of Crimea and the civil war in eastern Ukraine.196
- A domestic cat breed.
- A cat of this breed.
- (juggling, rare in the singular) A type of juggling ball with a hard outer shell, filled with salt, sand or another similar substance.
- (MLE, slang) Someone from or around Brandon Estate (also known as Moscow).
- (MLE, slang) A gun (due to some preference for Russian arms with gang members).
person from Russia