Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (abbreviation): Ru.
Russian (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Russia.
- 2017 February 19, John Oliver, “Putin”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 4, episode 2, HBO:
- So that is the official line: you’re shit, we’re shit, everything’s shit, never try for a better world because it doesn’t exist. That is not only bleak, I think it’s also the working title of every Russian novel ever written.
- Of or pertaining to the Russian language.
- (dated) Of or pertaining to Rus.
- (obsolete) Of or pertaining to the Soviet Union.
of or pertaining to Russia
of or pertaining to Rus
- (countable) A person from Russia.
- (countable) An ethnic Russian: a member of the East Slavic ethnic group which is native to, and constitutes the majority of the population of, Russia.
- (uncountable) The Russian language.
- 2015, Shane R. Reeves; David Wallace, “The Combatant Status of the “Little Green Men” and Other Participants in the Ukraine Conflict”, in International Law Studies, US Naval War College, volume 91, number 361, Stockton Center for the Study of International Law, page 393:
- The “little green men”—faces covered, wearing unmarked olive uniforms, speaking Russian and using Russian weapons—have played a significant role in both the occupation of Crimea and the civil war in eastern Ukraine.196
- A domestic cat breed.
- A cat of this breed.
- (juggling, rare in the singular) A type of juggling ball with a hard outer shell, filled with salt, sand or another similar substance.
- (countable, obsolete) A person from the Soviet Union
person from Russia