Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
soviet — see soviet
Soviet (plural Soviets)
- A citizen of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- (historical, not comparable) Pertaining to the Soviet Union or its constituent republics.
- Supporting or representing the Soviet Union or Sovietism; Sovietist.
1998, David D. Laitin, Identity in Formation: The Russian-Speaking Populations in the Near Abroad, page 9:
- He remained more Soviet than his parents and often accused Gorbachev of having destroyed the Soviet Union on behalf of US intelligence.
2001, Robert G. Moeller, War Stories: The Search for a Usable Past in the Federal Republic of Germany, page 113:
- Only in the GDR were the returning POWs presumed guilty; there East Germans, attempting to be "more Soviet than the Soviets," […]
2005, Gennadiĭ Ėstraĭkh, In Harness: Yiddish Writers' Romance with Communism, page 61:
- It would also be incorrect to creat a "scale of Sovietism", arguing, say, that Gildin was more Soviet than Litvakov, or that Litvakov was more Soviet than Dobrushin. Essentially, they were equally Soviet, even if they saw their Sovietism rather differently: […]
pertaining to the Soviet Union or its republics