Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: sawyer
- As an English occupational surname, from sawyer (“one who saws”). Senses loaned from various languages include Jewish/German Seger and Sager, Slovene Žagar.
- As a French surname, variant of Seguin.
- Rhymes: -ɔɪə(ɹ)
Sawyer (plural Sawyers)
- A surname originating as an occupation for someone who made a living from sawing wood.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A city and town in Kansas.
- A ghost town in Nebraska.
- A city and town in North Dakota.
- A town in Oklahoma.