Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Shimer College
1966, September 7, Shimer College:
- Students approach athletics at the College in a typically unusual, but very "Shimerian" way. When the school's basketball team finally won a game this spring after a national record of 62 consecutive losses students didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
1998, June 22, “Frank Abderholden”, in "Hibiscus Heist" Leaves College Stumped, Without Mascot:
- A reward for the plant is being offered, in true "Shimerian fashion," said Buchanan.
2007, Spring, Carol J. Overby '72, College Professor, page 15:
- Carol’s path to Shimer and then Parsons is quintessentially Shimerian.
Shimerian (plural Shimerians)
- A person who is associated with Shimer College
1965, July 25, Shimer, page H36:
- But for Palmer and 396 other Shimerians, there are no such simple answers, no values in face values, and few thoughts, deeds, or situations undeserving of analysis and explanation.
1976, May 3, “Gene I. Maeroff”, in Illinois College Defies Premature Reports and Clings to Life:
- Such a suggestion is scoffed at by Shimerians who maintain that they have the will to stave off institutional death.
2008, Fall, Life After Shimer Discussion Group, page 14:
- For the last six years a group of Shimer alums together with some honorary Shimerians have been meeting once a month in Evanston.