Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (biblical) Second son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- (biblical) One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Simeon.
- A male given name from Hebrew.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Genesis 35:22b-26
- Now the sons of Jacob were twelve: 23 The sons of Leah; Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Zebulun: 24 The sons of Rachel; Joseph, and Benjamin: 25 And the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid; Dan, and Naphtali: 26 And the sons of Zilpah, Leah's handmaid; Gad, and Asher: these are the sons of Jacob, which were born to him in Padan-aram.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Joshua 19:1
- And the second lot came forth to Simeon, even for the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families: and their inheritance was within the inheritance of the children of Judah.
second son of Jacob
one of the twelve tribes of Israel
male given name
- Hyphenation: si‧meon
- (Classical) IPA(key): /ˈsi.me.oːn/, [ˈs̠ɪ.me.oːn]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ˈsi.me.on/, [ˈsiː.mɛ.ɔn]
Third-declension noun, singular only.