Why does the definition of this character not match that of its simplified form, 叁? 18.104.22.168 22:56, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hi. The character 叁 is an unorthodox form of (俗字) of 參 that existed before simplified characters were invented. Evidence can be found here  and here .
- Note that the 通用規范漢字表 published by mainland China in 2013 does not assign any traditional Chinese character to 叁. 
- Despite its similarity in appearance (compare 参 and 參), there does not seem to be any relation between 叁 and 叄. 
- Evidence for 叄 as a variant form of 參 is found in 《中文大辭典》. 
- Evidence for 叄 as a variant form of 三 is found in 《重訂直音篇》. 
- Thank you and have a nice day. KevinUp (talk) 04:56, 9 May 2018 (UTC)