Simplified from 參, which in its turn is simplified from 曑.
参 (radical 28 厶+6, 8 strokes, cangjie input 戈大竹竹竹 (IKHHH), composition ⿱⿱厶大彡)
- take part in, intervene
- second syllable of ginseng (renshen) and Codonopsis pilosula (dangshen)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 164, character 21
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 3090
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 386, character 15
- Unihan data for U+53C2
|For pronunciation and definitions of 参 – see 參.
(This character, 参, is the simplified form of 參.)
(grade 4 “Kyōiku” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 參)
参 (shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai kanji 參, hiragana さん, romaji san)
- (law) 3, three
参 (shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai kanji 參, hiragana しん, romaji shin)
- (astronomy) Chinese Three Stars constellation
This form of 3 is only used in legal documents.