Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Noun sense of "motivational tool" refers to carrot and stick.
- Verb sense in felt manufacture refers to the orange colour of drying furs.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkæɹ.ət/, /ˈkɛɹ.ət/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkæɹ.ət/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -æɹət
- Homophones: caret, karat, carat
- Hyphenation: car‧rot
- A vegetable with a nutritious, juicy, sweet root that is often orange in colour, Daucus carota, especially the subspecies sativus in the family Apiaceae.
- A shade of orange similar to the flesh of most carrots.
- carrot colour:
- Any motivational tool.
Terms derived from carrot
Daucus carota ssp. sativus
- (transitive) To treat (an animal pelt) with a solution of mercuric nitrate as part of felt manufacture.