Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable, uncountable) Demeanor; facial expression or attitude, especially one which is intended by its bearer.
1860, July 1860, exact date unknown, “Stephen Foster” (song), in Jenny's coming o'er the green (album):
- Jenny's coming o'er the green, / Fairer form was never seen, / Winning is her gentle mien; / Why do I love her so?
- (countable) A specific facial expression
2007, February 10, “Claudia La Rocco”[New York Times], Stony Miens and Sad Hearts:
- It’s hard to say which is worse: the press-on smiles favored by many a ballet dancer, or the stony “I’m going to pretend this isn’t happening to me” miens often found in contemporary troupes like White Road.
demeanor; facial expression or attitude, especially one which is intended by its bearer
specific facial expression
- le mien (mine)
- “mien” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).