Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Redhead
redhead (plural redheads)
- A person with red hair.
- A North American duck (Aythya americana) highly esteemed as a game bird.
- A kind of milkweed (Asclepia curassavica), with red flowers, formerly used in medicine.
- Chinese red-headed centipede (Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans)
- red-headed bunting (Emberiza bruniceps)
- red-headed titi (Callicebus regulus)
- red-headed vulture (Sarcogyps calvus)
- red-headed woodpecker (Melanerpes erythrocephalus)
- (film, television, theater) A kind of 800-watt lamp.
- Coordinate term: blonde
- 2012, Colin Hart, Television Program Making (page 63)
- Most [camera crews] carry two blondes and three redheads or their equivalents. Blondes are 2000 watt lamps traditionally with yellow heads (or shells) used to light fairly large areas — also referred to as 2Ks — and redheads smaller 800 watt lamps traditionally with red shells to light faces.
milkweed Asclepias curassavica
Chinese red-headed centipede — see Chinese red-headed centipede