Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bloodnut (plural bloodnuts)
- (Australia, informal) A person with red hair, a redhead.
2006, Bill Collopy, House of Given, page 13:
- “Red” his mates called him: a wild bloodnut like his father, and like his late uncles before Tobruk sands claimed them.
- 2011, Christopher Kremmer, The Chase, unnumbered page,
- He looked younger, thinner, was pale and unshaven, the image of a man on a bender, complete with a red-haired partner in crime.
- ‘I say, Howard, your chief chemist would look ree-mahr-kable on a polo pony, don′t think?’ said the bloodnut, who reeked of alcohol and stale tobacco.
Sometimes used, capitalised, as a nickname.