gathering (plural gatherings)
- A meeting or get-together; a party or social function.
I met her at a gathering of engineers and scientists.
- A group of people or things.
A gathering of fruit.
- (bookbinding) A section, a group of bifolios, or sheets of paper, stacked together and folded in half.
This gathering machine forms the backbone of a bookbinding operation.
- A charitable contribution; a collection.
- (medicine) A tumor or boil suppurated or maturated; an abscess.
group of people or things
bookbinding: group of sheets