Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌkɑntɹɪˈbjuʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkɒntɹɪˈbjuːʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -uːʃən
- Hyphenation: con‧tri‧bu‧tion
contribution (plural contributions)
- Something given or offered that adds to a larger whole.
- An amount of money given toward something.
- The act of contributing.
- The taking part, often with the idea that it has lead to (scientific etc.) progress.
something given or offered that adds to a larger whole
an amount of money given toward something
the act of contributing
contribution f (plural contributions)