Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- present participle of
coming (plural comings)
act of arriving; an arrival
coming (not comparable)
- Approaching; of the future, especially the near future; the next.
- We expect great things from you this coming year.
- She will have two or three paintings in the coming exhibition.
- your coming days and years
- When he was fired, nobody was surprised or upset because they thought he had it coming.
- Newly in fashion; advancing into maturity or achievement.
- Ergonomic wallets are the coming thing.
- (obsolete) Ready to come; complaisant; fond.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Alexander Pope to this entry?)