Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ^ That is, as tree without tr-affrication. Annex 10 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation: Aeronautical Telecommunications; Volume II Communication Procedures including those with PANS status, 6th edition, International Civil Aviation Organization, October 2001, retrieved 23 January 2019, page §184.108.40.206, Figure 5–1
- ^ International Maritime Organisation (2005). International Code of Signals, p. 22–23. Fourth edition, London.
|← 2||3||4 →|
| Cardinal: three|
Ordinal: third, trito-
Latinate ordinal: tertiary
Adverbial: three times, thrice
Multiplier: triple, threefold
Collective: triad, threesome
Number of musicians: trio, triplet
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: thrē IPA(key): /θɹiː/, [θɾ̪̊iː], [θɾ̪̊ɪi]
- (UK, th-fronting) enPR: frē IPA(key): /fɹiː/
- (Ireland) IPA(key): /θɹiː/, [θɾ̪̊iː], [t̪ɾ̪̊iː]
- (General American) enPR: thrē IPA(key): /θɹiː/, [θɾ̪̊i]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iː
- Homophones: tree (with th-stopping), free (with th-fronting)
- A numerical value after two and before four. Represented in Arabic digits as 3; this many dots (•••).
- 1912 January, Zane Grey, chapter 8, in Riders of the Purple Sage […], New York, N.Y.; London: Harper & Brothers Publishers, OCLC 6868219:
- Venters began to count them—one—two—three—four—on up to sixteen.
- 2003 April 7, Michelle and Robert Lamoreaux, “A Spy is Born Part II”, in Totally Spies!, season 2, episode 1, Teletoon, Marathon Media, spoken by Clover (Jennifer Hale as Samantha “Sam” and Andrea Taylor):
- Okay, on three, we open the door and jump on the rope. One, two…
Wait, wait! Do we go on three? Or do we go on “go”?
Three! Who said anything about “go”?
- Describing a set or group with three elements.
cardinal number 3
describing set or group with three components
three (plural threes)
- The digit/figure 3.
- Anything measuring three units, as length.
- Put all the threes in a separate container.
- A person who is three years old.
- All the threes will go in Mrs. Smith's class, while I'll take the fours and fives.
- The playing card featuring three pips.
- Three o'clock, either a.m. or p.m.
- (basketball) Abbreviation of .
person who is three years old
|Playing cards in English · playing cards (layout · text)|
Symbols of number three in various numeral systems
- Amharic numerals: ፫
- Arabic numerals: 3
- Assyro-Babylonian numerals: 𒁹𒁹𒁹
- Bengali numerals: ৩
- Chinese numerals: 叄, 三
- Eastern Arabic numerals: ٣
- Gujarati numerals: ૩
- Gurmukhi numerals: ੩
- Hindi numerals: ३
- Alternative spelling of .