Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tether (plural tethers)
- a rope, cable etc. that holds something in place whilst allowing some movement
- (by extension) the limit of one's abilities, resources etc.
- (dialect) The cardinal number three in an old counting system used in Teesdale and Swaledale. (Variant of tethera)
- hobble (strap)
a rope, cable etc. that holds something in place whilst allowing some movement
the limit of one's abilities, resources etc
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- to restrict something with a tether
- (Internet) to connect a personal computer and a smartphone in order to get wireless Internet access for the computer
to restrict something with a tether