Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- of or pertaining to numbers
2013 July 9, Joselle DiNunzio Kehoe, “Cognition, brains and Riemann”, plus.maths.org, accessed on 2013-09-08:
- They propose that the brain manages numerical systems with circuitry that is equipped for action related to "more than-less than", "faster-slower", "nearer-farther", "bigger-smaller", computations of "any kind of stuff in the external world". This neural activity allows us to successfully reach, grasp, throw or point. Bueti and Walsh argue further that, "it is on these abilities that discrete numerical abilities hitched an evolutionary ride," given the primitive need to make these kinds of judgments of space and time. Number then, as a measure, is not primary — what comes first is our need to move accurately.
- (obsolete) The same in number; hence, identically the same; identical.
- the same numerical body
- Would to God that all my fellow brethren, which with me bemoan the loss of their books, […] might rejoice for the recovery thereof, though not the same numerical volumes.
- numerical analysis
- numerical derivative
- numerical differentiation
- numerical integration
- numerical stability
of or pertaining to numbers