Jump to navigation Jump to search
triad (plural triads)
- A grouping of three.
- 2000, David Pierce, Irish Writing in the Twentieth Century: A Reader, page 625:
- There are, says the Irish triad, 'three fewnesses that are better than plenty: a fewness of fine words; a fewness of cows on grass; a fewness of good friends around good ale'. As an Ulsterman I would agree.
- (music) A chord consisting of a root tone, the tone two degrees higher, and the tone four degrees higher in a given scale.
- (electronics) on a CRT display, a group of three neighbouring phosphor dots, coloured green, red, and blue.
- A branch of a Chinese underground criminal society, mostly based in Hong Kong.
grouping of three