Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: electrònics
electronics (plural electronics)
- (physics) The study and use of electrical devices that operate by controlling the flow of electrons or other electrically charged particles.
- Electronics is a popular subject.
- (in the plural) A device or devices which require the flow of electrons through conductors and semiconductors in order to perform their function; devices that operate on electrical power (battery or outlet);
- Look at all the electronics in this room! (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- Electronic circuitry.
- The electronics is the difference between a modern and an old-fashion thermostat.
- The electronics are completely updated.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.