- An African ethnic group living mainly in the KwaZulu-Natal Province in eastern South Africa.
- (uncountable) The language of these people, a Bantu language; isiZulu.
- Synonym: isiZulu
- (countable) An individual member of the Zulu people.
- The letter Z in the ICAO spelling alphabet
- A designation for time along the prime meridian; UTC; Zulu time.
- Noon MST is 19:00 Zulu.
- (member of the Zulu people): human, individual
- (the letter "Z" in ICAO spelling alphabet): character, letter
- (Zulu time): time zone
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Zulu (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the Zulu people, culture, or language.
- Wiktionary’s coverage of Zulu terms
- Appendix:Zulu Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Zulu
- ISO 639-1 code zu, ISO 639-3 code zul
- Ethnologue entry for Zulu, zu
- A surname, from Ngoni.
According to data collected by Forebears in 2014, Zulu was the 4th most common surname in Zambia (212 468 persons = 1.4 percent of the population) and the 53rd most common surname in Malawi (23227 persons = 0.1 percent of the population).
Zulu ? (plural Zulu's)