Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Pertaining to a fraction.
- Divided; fragmentary; incomplete.
- Very small; minute.
- 1987, Bill Knox, A Flight from Paris, page 93:
- The two women exchanged a glance, then a fractional nod of agreement.
- (chemistry) Relating to a process or product of fractional distillation.
pertaining to a fraction
divided, fragmentary, incomplete
fractional (plural fractionals)
- (grammar) An expression of a fractional number.
- In English, most ordinals double as fractionals — "third", "fourth", and so on — with the exception of "second", whose corresponding fractional is "half".
- Partial ownership of a property, such as real estate or a chartered airplane, such that each partial owner has use of the property for only a portion of the time.
- A fractional is much more expensive than a traditional timeshare, but to many people, it's worth it.
- (chemistry) Relating to a fraction in a material distillation or separation process.