Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Tertiary
tertiary (not comparable)
- Of third rank or order; subsequent.
- (chemistry) Possessing some quality in the third degree; having been subjected to the substitution of three atoms or radicals.
- a tertiary alcohol, amine, or salt
- (zoology, of quills) Growing on the innermost joint of a bird's wing; tertial.
third rank or order
terms coordinate to tertiary
tertiary (plural tertiaries)
- A tertiary feather.
- A member of a Roman Catholic third order - the Franciscans, Dominicans and Carmelites among others.
a tertiary feather
a member of a Roman Catholic third order
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.