Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of igniting.
- The initiation of combustion.
- (automotive, mechanical engineering) A system for activating combustion in a combustion engine.
- (automotive) Receptacle for a key used to start the engine in a vehicle.
- Put the key in the ignition and turn in right.
- (physics) The phenomenon of a thermonuclear fusion reaction becoming self-sustaining and no longer requiring external heating.
the act of igniting
initiation of combustion
system for activating combustion in an engine
key receptacle for starting a vehicle
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
ignition f (plural ignitions)