Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: thermo-nuclear
thermonuclear (not comparable)
- Of, or relating to the fusion of atomic nuclei at high temperatures.
- 1956 May 25, “Chances Of Power Station Use For Hydrogen Bomb”, in The Times:
- The first thermonuclear reaction was in a star; it was brought about by heat, as the description implies.
- Of, or relating to the use of atomic weapons based on such fusion, especially as distinguished from those based on fission.
of, or relating to the fusion of atomic nuclei at high temperatures
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
thermonuclear (plural thermonuclears)