Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Substitution
- The act of substituting or the state of being substituted.
- In this football tournament, three substitutions can be made during the match.
- A substitute or replacement.
- Gary is off this weekend, so Jeff will be his substitution.
- (chemistry, especially organic chemistry) The replacement of an atom, or group of atoms, in a compound, with another.
- (linguistics) The expansion of the lexicon of a language by native means in correspondence to a foreign term.
- back substitution
- blood substitution
- electrophilic substitution
- free substitution
- Liskov substitution principle
- nucleophilic substitution
- penal substitution
- string substitution
- substitution cipher
- substitution code
- substitution of attorney
- substitution reaction
- substitution rule
the act of substituting or the state of being substituted
substitute — see substitute
the replacement of an atom, or group of atoms, in a compound, with another
expansion of the lexicon by native means in correspondence to a foreign term
substitution f (plural substitutions)