Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
importation (countable and uncountable, plural importations)
- The act or an instance of importing.
- The act or an instance of carrying or conveying, especially into some system, place, area or country.
- That which is imported; commodities or wares introduced into a country from abroad.
- (linguistics) The use of a term which consists of formally foreign elements.
- Hypernym: loan
- Coordinate term: substitution
- Hyponyms: foreign word; loanword; hybrid; pseudo-loanword, pseudo-loan
- (logic) The logical law .
A term consisting of formally foreign elements
importation f (plural importations)
- “importation”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.