Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To transport; to carry; to take from one place to another.
- Convey me to my bed, then to my grave.
- Air conveys sound; words convey ideas.
- To communicate; to make known; to portray.
- to convey an impression; to convey information
- John Locke
- Men fill one another's heads with noise and sound, but convey not thereby their thoughts.
- (law) To transfer legal rights (to).
- He conveyed ownership of the company to his daughter.
- The Earl of Desmond […] secretly conveyed all his lands to feoffees in trust.
- (obsolete) To manage with privacy; to carry out.
- I […] will convey the business as I shall find means.
- (obsolete) To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve.
to transfer legal rights