Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Convoy
convoy (plural convoys)
- (nautical) One or more merchant ships sailing in company to the same general destination under the protection of naval vessels.
- A group of vehicles travelling together for safety, especially one with an escort.
group of vehicles traveling together for safety, especially one with an escort
- (transitive) To escort a group of vehicles, and provide protection.
- A frigate convoys a merchantman.
- I know ye skilful to convoy / The total freight of hope and joy.
to escort a group of vehicles
- convoy in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- convoy in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- convoy at OneLook Dictionary Search
convoy m (plural convoyes)