The following information passed a request for deletion.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
No non-wiki reference at OneLook has this. It looks like big + fat to me. Even if the spelling bigfat is attestable, I'd bet it's pronounced with stress on both syllables and is arguably a misspelling of "big, fat". But, I could be wrong. DCDuring TALK 18:15, 19 June 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I would delete it, but I got my knuckles rapped for deleting big phat! SemperBlotto 08:58, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- As a note speedy delete big phat if this fails
- As a reply, I don't see this as sum of parts. A 'big fat liar' is usually a childish way of calling someone a liar. The person doesn't have to be big or fat, even in figurative senses of big and fat. I don't see how this could ever be sum of parts. My question to DCDuring and SemperBlotto is what meanings we would need to make these sum of parts? --Mglovesfun (talk) 09:57, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- Reminds me of Talk:fat-ass. Equinox ◑ 10:57, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- The sense of big in this collocation is about the same as that in the even more common collocation "big old" or dialect "big ole". This spoken citation from w:Dan Rather shows productiveness of "big" in this intensifying adverb use: "RATHER: That would strike a lot of people as big ugly." This transcription is an interesting contrast of adjectival and intensifying adverb use of "big": "I mean, sometimes it's a big, huge, big huge moment in your life.".
- As to "fat", I think it is the sense shown in , excluding the odd scanno and the occasional literal use. "Fat" seems to be be an intensifying pejorative adjective that occurs with negative valence nouns.
- IOW, I think "big" and "fat" are productive in the relevant senses. DCDuring TALK 16:06, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- keep but move to big fat-, i.e. big fat liar, big fat phoney, big fat idiot.22.214.171.124 20:42, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
Keep because I have a BFFFF big fat fucking faggot friend, who i love very much!Lucifer 03:36, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Kept. No consensus.--Jusjih (talk) 08:26, 22 May 2012 (UTC)