Just in case someone doesn't think this is a word that is eathly found in use:
- Listed as among the top 10 words invent or promoted by presidents on pbs.org from Presidential Voices, Metcalf, Allan. Houghlin Mifflin, 2004.
- Brooked in Self-Embetterment here
- The JWT League of Embetterment
- Community Embetterment Help Service Program, directory listing --AnWulf ... Ferþu Hal! 20:58, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
The following discussion has been moved from Wiktionary:Requests for verification.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
Rfv-sense X 5: Though this term in principle could have all the meanings given, I doubt that a term that appears but once in COCA and not at all in BNC has much contemporary use except in the sense of "improvement" (which has but one citation supporting it). DCDuring TALK 23:41, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I think the verb "to embetter" became obsolete before it could be turned into a noun. George W. Bush didn't have the same word-inventing influence that Matt Groening had with embiggen. Dbfirs 19:35, 24 December 2011 (UTC)
- Passes, IMO. Note my changes to the entry. - -sche (discuss) 19:35, 27 March 2012 (UTC)