Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search


I was looking for "Recombobulating" or "Recombobulate" or any other tenses. My mom said its a real word, but I couldn't find it,and my spell-checker said it was wrong and suggested "discombobulate" and other tenses, I was just wonderin' if that was a word and if you would add it.


Recomobulate is not a good word for putting in schoolwork. Maybe it will become a good word. It has appeared in two books that we know about. Because it is so close to "discombobulate", many people think it ought to be a word and could guess what it ought to mean. But many people don't think that "discombobulate" would be a good word for schoolwork, even though your spell-checker would allow it. DCDuring TALK 18:15, 24 February 2008 (UTC)

This has all changed now, thanks to Garrison Keillor. Read his recent column: 'Recombobulate America'.

RFV discussion: October 2011–March 2012[edit]

Green check.svg

This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process (permalink).

Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.

Speedily deleted as protologism. Seems to exist (both senses), but I don't have time now to seek cites. I hope to tomorrow.​—msh210 (talk) 19:34, 23 October 2011 (UTC)

Hm, someone else has cited the transitive sense, and provided one cite for the intransitive. I can't seem to find any more of the latter.​—msh210 (talk) 16:14, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
Transitive sense modified and passed. Intransitive sense still needs to be cited. I'll see what I can do. - -sche (discuss) 07:46, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Intransitive sense now cited, I think. - -sche (discuss) 07:56, 1 March 2012 (UTC)