You should preferably include all forms: one as the headword (identified by the first parameter), the others by the named parameters.
The first parameter is the form of the headword (pagename):
- t traditional Chinese
- s simplified Chinese
- ts both traditional and simplified (for when the two forms agree)
- p Pinyin
Other parameters are:
- tra= traditional form (optional, use if not t or ts)
- sim= simplified form (optional, use if not s or ts)
- tas= traditional and simplified form (if p)
- pin= Pinyin (optional, use if not p)
- pint= Pinyin with tone numbers (e.g. ci2dian3); used for category indexing
- mw= The associated measure word, e.g., for five dictionaries one writes 五本字典 (the measure word is 本) so the entry for 字典 includes mw=本 (optional)
- rs= radical/additional strokes for category indexing, e.g. 辛12, stroke count must be 2 digits (required if not p)
Note: there is no parameter for Wade-Giles romanization.