Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout (EL) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Hi there! When adding two words as translations, they need to be added one at a time or the system will think that they are a single word. I've fixed it. SemperBlotto 16:34, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Whitespace inside templates
Hey, did you know you can add more than one translation before clicking "save changes" with the assisted system? Please take advantage of this, so as not to flood RecentChanges so much. :) User: PalkiaX50 talk to meh 03:29, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
Hello, Discanto. I see that you haven't been active since 2012. While it is awfully late that I must ask this, can you help us improve Sardinian and Sassarese related articles on Wiktionary? Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am translating from google translate because I don't know Italian. Ciao , Discanto. Vedo che non sei stato attivo dal 2012. Anche se è terribilmente in ritardo che devo chiedere questo, potete aiutarci a migliorare articoli sarda e sassarese connessi su Wikizionario ? Il vostro aiuto sarebbe molto apprezzato. Sto traducendo da google translate come io non conosco italiano