Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contribution so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including. There is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Again, welcome! --EncycloPetey 02:25, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
We don't usually include a gallery of images with entries. A single thumbnail and a link to the relevant Wikipedia article will almost always be sufficient. — Carolina wren discussió 17:40, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
- Of course. But if a Commons file may be having license dispute, it will be deleted. so that , i am using gallery. In galley method, if one file deleted, other file explains. And also reading habit is decreasing. photos explains more than words. Thanks.தகவலுழவன் 13:29, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
I tried as best as I can, and it's mostly working. There are only two errors that I can see (Module:en-ta-translit/testcases). But otherwise it works fairly well I believe. DerekWinters (talk) 21:44, 20 November 2015 (UTC)