For a quicker reply, please contact pt:User:Malafaya. Thanks.
- Because a
stewardbureaucrat still hasn't set the bot flag... Ruakh added this bot to Autopatrollers though so it shouldn't bother Patrollers. Malafaya 20:36, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
Order of interwikis.
Can you tell me what order you put interwikis in? (See Wiktionary:Grease pit/2012/August#Order of interwikis.)
- The order is the one configured in Pywikipedia bot en.wiktionary (usually this is community defined). It seems to be alphabetic order by language name (default is alphabetic by language code). You can check the actual order with all the language codes at http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/pywikipedia/trunk/pywikipedia/family.py?view=markup on line 25 (self.alphabetic). I'll also post this info at the Grease Pit. Cheers, Malafaya (talk) 12:37, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, it could. But I only requested permission here to operate on interwiki links. How should I proceed? Malafaya (talk) 20:46, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
- Nevermind. I don't think anyone will argue about it.
Work done. Malafaya (talk) 20:49, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
Why is MalafayaBot removing valid interlanguage links? Here for example it removed several links, of which I checked two, pl:ceo and chr:ceo, and both are valid, existent pages. So why is it removing the links? —Aɴɢʀ (talk) 13:41, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for adding Portuguese categories to Wauja lemmas
Obrigada! I plan to help the Wauja community begin building a Wauja-Portuguese dictionary when I visit again this year. Thank you for helping to make the information in the Wauja-English Wiktionary more available to speakers of Portuguese. Most of the younger Wauja are bilingual in Portuguese and their heritage language, Wauja.
You are receiving this message because a technical change may affect a bot, gadget, or user script you have been using. The breaking change involves API calls. This change has been planned for two years. The WMF will start making this change on 30 June 2015. A partial list of affected bots can be seen here: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2015-June/081931.html This includes all bots that are using pywikibot compat. Some of these bots have already been fixed. However, if you write user scripts or operate a bot that uses the API, then you should check your code, to make sure that it will not break.
What, exactly, is breaking? The "default continuation mode" for action=query requests to api.php will be changing to be easier for new coders to use correctly. To find out whether your script or bot may be affected, then search the source code (including any frameworks or libraries) for the string "query-continue". If that is not present, then the script or bot is not affected. In a few cases, the code will be present but not used. In that case, the script or bot will continue working.
This change will be part of 1.26wmf12. It will be deployed to test wikis (including mediawiki.org) on 30 June, to non-Wikipedias (such as Wiktionary) on 1 July, and to all Wikipedias on 2 July 2015.
If your bot or script is receiving the warning about this upcoming change (as seen at https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages ), it's time to fix your code!
- The simple solution is to simply include the "rawcontinue" parameter with your request to continue receiving the raw continuation data (example <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages&rawcontinue=1>). No other code changes should be necessary.
- Or you could update your code to use the simplified continuation documented at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Query#Continuing_queries (example <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages&continue=>), which is much easier for clients to implement correctly.
Either of the above solutions may be tested immediately, you'll know it works because you stop seeing the warning.
Do you need help with your own bot or script? Ask questions in e-mail on the mediawiki-api or wikitech-l mailing lists. Volunteers at m:Tech or w:en:WP:Village pump (technical) or w:en:Wikipedia:Bot owners' noticeboard may also be able to help you.
Are you using someone else's gadgets or user scripts? Most scripts are not affected. To find out if a script you use needs to be updated, then post a note at the discussion page for the gadget or the talk page of the user who originally made the script. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 19:03, 17 June 2015 (UTC)