User talk:Master of Contributions
In case you have not read it yet
Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout (EL) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Again, welcome! — Keφr 16:02, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thank your for the "welcome" and the help :) - Master of Contributions (talk) 16:06, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi. When you're creating a new entry, you don't need to put anything in the Edit Summary box. It will automatically show the new page contents instead (which is more useful in Recent Changes). Thanks! Equinox ◑ 17:06, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, i try to pay attention to it next time. - Master of Contributions (talk) 20:59, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks also for your corrections. - Master of Contributions (talk) 21:12, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Uni-Leipzig Wortschatz-Lexikon is a bad source for deciding on new entries
Thanks for your work on Wiktionary, but please do not create entries for things that do not belong in Wiktionary. Please participate in the discussion on Wiktionary:Requests_for_deletion#1.2C4-Liter-Benziner. Thanks! --Espoo (talk) 12:46, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
- I just can help adding new entries, when you don't want some of then, then delete it. - Master of Contributions (talk) 12:49, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
- No, please don't make any entries using that lexicon until you have understood the basic principles of what does and doesn't belong in Wiktionary: Wiktionary:Criteria_for_inclusion. If you have trouble understanding that, just check whether the term exists in the German Wiktionary.
- Im klartext: Die erstellung von einträgen in Wiktionary auf grund von vielen einträgen im lexikon der Uni Leipzig ist eine verschwendung deiner zeit und vor allem eine kolossale verschwendung der zeit von englischsprachigen redaktören, da sie meistens nicht viel deutsch können und den langwierigen löschprozess samt diskussion durcharbeiten müssen. Sie brauchen sehr viel mehr zeit um zu entscheiden, ob so ein eintrag entfernt werden soll, als du brauchst um ihn zu erstellen. Aus dem deutschen Wiktionary würden z.b. deine neueinträge 1,4-Liter-Benziner, Vierzylinder-Benziner usw. auch rausgeworfen. --Espoo (talk) 13:29, 14 August 2016 (UTC)