Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout (EL) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Welcome to Wiktionary. Everybody is welcome to contribute to Wiktionary. However, please don't make inappropriate pages like you did to Ξενοφωντικός. This page will shortly be deleted according to the deletion policy. Please use the sandbox if you want to try out anymore pages. Thank you. Pkbwcgs (talk) 14:05, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
This is Wonderfool…
- Wait, I thought you were Wonderfool. Are you saying you're really Vahag? Because that would mean that I'm Semper... —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 21:12, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- Come on, guys. The "Who's really Wonderfool?" is such a lame old joke. Who cares these days anyway? WF is the fifteenth-greatest amateur lexicographer in history. And he was just working on cutting down the To-do list into a more user-friendly format. --Quadcont (talk) 21:16, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Quadcont: Thanks. Sorry that my outing you got you blocked. I won't ask if you're WF in your next incarnation; I'll just ask for whatever help I think you can provide. (Assuming it is actually you in that case; it could well just be someone else versed in Iberian languages…) — I.S.M.E.T.A. 00:41, 2 April 2017 (UTC)