Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: whig
- enPR: hwĭg, IPA(key): /ʍɪɡ/
- Rhymes: -ɪɡ
- Homophones: whig, wig (in accents with the wine-whine merger)
Whig (plural Whigs)
- (UK politics) a member of an 18th- and 19th-century political party in Britain that was opposed to the Tories, and eventually became the Liberal Party.
- (US politics) an advocate of war against Britain during the American Revolution.
- (US politics) a member of a 19th-century US political party opposed to the Democratic Party.