Wiktionary:Requested entries (Turkish)
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from Wiktionary:Requested entries:Turkish)
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- If you see inflected forms (plurals, past tenses, superlatives, etc) indicate the base form (singular, infinitive, absolute, etc) of the requested term and the type of inflection used in the request.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
- afalina - Black Sea bottlenosed dolphin (Tursiops truncatus ponticus)?
- akbil - see Akbil
- akıllı - clever
- âliniz - see âli
- altı -- missing sense of "under", "beneath". i'm guessing a separate etymology too from the "six" sense
- --Accusative form of alt (underneath)
- anayasa - constitution
- apul apul
- apul apul yürümek
- arısı - his/her/its bee. See "arı"
- ark 'canal'
- arzıhâlci - see arzuhâlci
- asfalt kovboyu ("asphalt cowboy") = policeman?
- atmık - semen
- başpare - black conical cap on the end of the Turkish ney
- beşeri, beşerî
- beşte - "per five", see beş ("five")
- biçak - misspelling of "bıçak" ("knife")
- bisikletini (accusative form of "your bicycle". See bisiklet)
- çamac - supposed to be "some kind of small river boat" , derived from çam (“pine”) ?
- çotra - should be "small wooden vessel for holding water"
- dan (needs Turkish) - see -dan
- davul - has English, needs Turkish
- değilim - I am not, see değil
- den (needs Turkish)
- diktatör, diktatörlük (dictator and dictatorship)
- dön - imperative of dönmek
- Dört (there's an entry as dört, was it meant?)
- düşünmüyorm - misspelling of "düşünmüyorum" (I am not thinking of). See düşünmek
- düt: a honking or tooting noise, like a car horn
- Ha (needs Turkish)
- hempa (needs Turkish)
- Hint (needs Turkish)
- humus > English hummus (chickpea dip) — The link is blue because that page contains English, Finnish, Latin, Polish, and Serbo-Croatian entries.
- kâğıdını - ("kağıdını" is accusative form of "your paper". See "kağıt" for "paper")
- kapılarımızdan - "from our doors". See "kapı"
- kata (needs Turkish)
- kavuşun - Imperative of kavuşmak (reunite, converge, come together) for 2nd person plural, or 2nd person singular, formal.
- kepenk - window shutter
- kızarmalar - plural of the verbal noun kızarma; getting blush, red.
- kir pidesi - see kır pidesi
- kovan (needs Turkish)
- köprüsü - his/her/its bridge.
- külü - accusative of kül ("ash"), or his/her/its ash.
- ladin (a kind of tree, spruce i guess)
- laf (talk also means word) لفظ
- lokantası - his/her/its restaurant, form of lokanta
- lüle < Persian لوله (lule)
- muhafızı - accusative of muhafız, or his/her/its keeper.
- menguş "earring" (perhaps only in Ottoman Turkish)
- mıskal - panpipe
- salçası - - his/her/its tomato sauce. See "salça".
- sayesinde - form of saye, with possessive and locative
- size (needs Turkish) -- (Dative form of "you -plural/formal-")
- zıpçi - supposedly means "whistle"