Wiktionary:Requested entries (Turkish)
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
- Check the Wiktionary:Criteria for inclusion if you are unsure if it belongs in the dictionary.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- If you see inflected forms (plurals, past tenses, superlatives, etc.) indicate the base form (singular, infinitive, absolute, etc.) of the requested term and the type of inflection used in the request.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
- afalina - Black Sea bottlenosed dolphin (Tursiops truncatus ponticus)?
- Allah - God
- akbil - see Akbil
- arama motoru optimizasyon uzmanı - see SEO uzmani
- akıllı - clever
- âliniz - see âli
- altı -- missing sense of "under", "beneath". i'm guessing a separate etymology too from the "six" sense
- --Accusative form of alt (underneath)
- apul apul
- apul apul yürümek
- arısı - his/her/its bee. See "arı"
- ark 'canal'
- arzıhâlci - see arzuhâlci
- asfalt kovboyu ("asphalt cowboy") = policeman?
- atmık - semen
- bahis - Turkish bet kazanbets.com
- bahis oynama - Turkish bet bahis sitesi Online bet sites
- hazır ofis - Turkish co-working office hazir ofis hizmeti hazır ofis Hazır ofisler
- dijital pazarlama - digital marketing digital marketing digital marketing
- forex - forex a1 capital forex forex
- başpare - black conical cap on the end of the Turkish ney
- beşeri, beşerî
- beşte - "per five", see beş ("five")
- biçak - misspelling of "bıçak" ("knife")
- bisikletini (accusative form of "your bicycle". See bisiklet)
- caddesi - his/her/its avenue. See "cadde".
- Cv örnekleri - Resume cv example. See "Resume Cv Example
- cüppe - robe of some kind
- çamac - supposed to be "some kind of small river boat" , derived from çam (“pine”) ?
- çotra - should be "small wooden vessel for holding water"
- dan (needs Turkish) - see -dan
- davul - has English, needs Turkish
- den (needs Turkish)
- dozajlama - see Su Dozajlama
- dön - imperative of dönmek
- Dört (there's an entry as dört, was it meant?)
- düşünmüyorm - misspelling of "düşünmüyorum" (I am not thinking of). See düşünmek
- düt: a honking or tooting noise, like a car horn
- etekleri zil çalmak — Literally, “somebody’s skirt is ringing bells”. It means that someone is so happy about something.
- Ha (needs Turkish)
- hempa (needs Turkish)
- Hint (needs Turkish)
- humus > English hummus (chickpea dip) — The link is blue because that page contains English, Finnish, Latin, Polish, and Serbo-Croatian entries.
- içer (v.) form of içmek
- içeriz (v.) form of içmek
- içersin (v.) form of içmek
- iktisat - economy
- insani (not insanı) — blue-linked because of Italian and Latin entries
- kabak kemane — a Turkish musical instrument
- kâğıdını — ("kağıdını" is accusative form of "your paper". See "kağıt" for "paper")
- kapılarımızdan — "from our doors". See "kapı"
- Karadeniz'de gemilerin mi battı? — Literally, “Have your ships sunk in the Black Sea?”... meaning “Hey, why the sad face? What happened?”
- kata (needs Turkish)
- kavuşun — Imperative of kavuşmak (reunite, converge, come together) for 2nd person plural, or 2nd person singular, formal.
- kemane — a Turkish musical instrument
- kayınço — the brother of one's wife
- kepenk — window shutter
- kızarmalar — plural of the verbal noun kızarma; getting blush, red.
- kız kurusu — spinster; unmarried woman who is old enough.
- kıl çadır — see Kıl çadır
- kir pidesi — see kır pidesi
- kocacığım — hubby?
- köprüsü — his/her/its bridge.
- kuir - queer, lhbt sense? — Mnemosientje (t · c) 17:03, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- külü — accusative of kül ("ash"), or his/her/its ash.
- ladin (a kind of tree, spruce i guess)
- laf (talk
also means word / term) لفظ
- laf (term, word, idea, concept is vrôm لاف 
- lavta/lâvta - a musical instrument similar to an oud, but with a longer neck and frets
- lokantası - his/her/its restaurant, form of lokanta
- lüle < Persian لوله (lule)
- mahcup : adj. ashamed, abashed, shy, embarrassed; troubled by guilty feelings, timid, confused, mousy, pudent, retiring, shamefaced ; adv. maidenly.
- meczup - 1. Sufism dervish who has been completely carried away by a mystical experience. 2. illuminated, en-lighted, lucid ; lunatic ; crazy, insane, deranged.
- menemen - a Turkish dish similar to shakshuka/shakshouka
- menguş "earring" (perhaps only in Ottoman Turkish)
- mıskal - panpipe
- mösyö - monsieur
- muhafızı - accusative of muhafız, or his/her/its keeper.
- mücver: a food; see Wikipedia.
- olma — meaning “being”, “existence”, “happening”, “occurrence”, “existing”, “maturation” according to Google Translate; the link is blue because of entries for terms in Dacian, Latin, Romansch, and Uzbek.
- online bahis Online bahis Turkish bet site
- rabbımın - Misspelling of "Rabb'imin" ("of my God")
- rebab - a bowed string instrument
- Saç ekim -- https://naturalhairturkey.com/en/
- sahip çıkmak -- to claim(?)
- salçası - - his/her/its tomato sauce. See "salça".
- sayesinde - form of saye, with possessive and locative
- size (needs Turkish) -- (Dative form of "you -plural/formal-")
- Sporbahis -- Turkish sports web page sporbahis24.com
- şahrûd - a large Turkish lute used during the Ottoman period
- şahrud - a large Turkish lute used during the Ottoman period (spelling without circumflex)
- şafak hesaplama Turkish military calucator şafak hesapla
- şeşhâne - a type of kopuz (lute)
- tahnit - embalming
- tahnitlemek - embalm
- temizlik - cleaner guys Temizlik sirketi
- tempobet - bet sites Tempobet
- tüketici - consumer
- tekerlekli sandalye - wheelchair
- üç telli - a string instrument
- Üsküdar'da sabah oldu — Literally, ‘it’s already morning in Üsküdar’... meaning "what, you didn't know? Everyone else already knows about it."
- yeriz (v.) form of yemek
- yersin (v.) form of yemek
- yurt Turkish students binnary Kız öğrenci yurtları istanbul
- zeze: "My Turkish Cypriot friends told me about the 'Zezes'. These were the well-off students from Turkey studying in Cyprus whose car license plates began with the letters ZZ for 'temporary residents'." Found in Papadakis, Echoes from the Dead Zone: Across the Cyprus Divide.
- zıpçi - supposedly means "whistle"