Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The links in this page should be helpful to anyone making Wiktionary entries for Chinese:
- Pinyin conversion chart: provides IPA, Pinyin, Tongyong Pinyin, Wade-Giles, zhuyin and example characters.
- Guóyǔ Cídiǎn 國語辭典 Probably the largest on-line Chinese dictionary on the internet, maintained by the R.O.C. Ministry of Education (Traditional Chinese)
- Zàixiàn Xīnhuá Zìdiǎn 在线新华字典 One of the largest on-line Chinese Dictionaries on the internet. (Simplified Chinese)
- Dr. Eye Dr. Eye Online Chinese-English Dictionary. One of the largest Chinese-English dictionaries on the internet (Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
- bab.la Language portal bab.la with over 30 dictionaries, among which Chinese-English and Chinese-German (Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
- Lin Yu-tang's on-line CHINESE-ENGLISH Dictionary of Modern Usage (Traditional Chinese)
- Chinese Pronunciation Tool hanzi to Pinyin converter. Also contains Chinese-English and Chinese-Chinese dictionaries. (Simplified Chinese)
- Adsotrans Currently the largest open source Chinese-English Dictionary compilation on the Internet (Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
- Lǐshì Cídiǎn Zàixiàn 里氏词典在线 Dict.li on-line Chinese-English Dictionary (Simplified Chinese)
- nciku On-line English & Chinese Learning Dictionaries (Simplified Chinese)
- Chinese Characters Dictionary Web Links to several major on-line Chinese Dictionaries (Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
- jukuu On-line database of bilingual example sentences (Simplified Chinese)
- Peking University, Center for Chinese Linguistics Links to on-line Chinese-English Dictionary and Text corpus (Simplified Chinese)
- ZYMCI Proper noun Dictionary English-Chinese and Chinese-English Proper nouns dictionary. (Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
- Min Nan
- POJ conversion chart: provides IPA, POJ, revised TLPA, TLPA, Pumindian, zhuyin and example characters.
- Tai-gi Hôa-gí Sòaⁿ-téng Sû-tián 台語-華語線頂辭典 On-line Min Nan-Mandarin dictionary (Traditional Chinese)
- Unicode Interface to the Holo-Mandarin Dictionary (Traditional Chinese)
- Táiwān Běntǔ Yǔyán Hùyì jí Yǔyīn Héchéng Xìtǒng 臺灣本土語言互譯及語音合成系統 On-line converter for Mandarin-Min Nan-Hakka (Traditional Chinese)
- Fāngyán Chā Jiǎndān Duìzhàobiǎo 方言差簡單對照表 simple comparison chart for Min Nan accents (cheat sheet) (Traditional Chinese)
- Taiwanese-holo dict A website with GPL resources including instruction on how to install a Min Nan dictionary for Firefox, and a Taiwanese-holo dictionary that can be downloaded.
- Online Taiwanese-English Dictionary