Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) Initialism of .
- 2011, Charles Bronson, Loonyology: The Autobiography of Britain's Most Notorious Prisoner:
- First it was an adult mixed prison, then a female borstal. Now it's a long-term secure jail for YPs, mostly lifers.
- 2013, Lenny McLean, The Guv'nor:
- First, you're classed as a YP (young prisoner) if you're under 21. If it's your first time in prison, they class you as a star prisoner and that separates you from the ones who have been inside before.
- Alternative form of .
- (computing) Initialism of , a network protocol invented by Sun Microsystems
- Synonym: NIS
- (politics) Initialism of (Homeland Party).