Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
abbreviature (plural abbreviatures)
- An abridgment; a compendium; an abstract. [since the late 16th century]
- (obsolete) An abbreviated state or form. [only during the early to mid 17th century]
- A shortened form of a word or phrase, used in place of the whole; an abbreviation. [since the mid 17th century]
- (obsolete) The process of abbreviating. [only during the early to late 17th century]
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked