Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An native inhabitant of a country; a member of the original people. [First attested in the early 19th century.]
- (in the plural) The native flora and fauna of an area. [First attested in the late 17th century.]
aboriginal inhabitant of a country
- Should be capitalized in Australian contexts.
- Fowler's 3rd edition considers this singular to be "etymologically indefensible" notwithstanding its having become the established form in Australia since 1829. This is in reference to its inflection from 'Aborigines', not actually originally an S-addition pluralization (see Aborigine/Aborigines/Aboriginal entries in Oxford Dictionary).
- Aborigine (aboriginal Australian)
Declension of aborigine (irregular)